Fulwood Barracks was built in 1848. According to the Queens Lancashire Regiment Museum website it is the most complete example of mid-Victorian military architecture in the country. It was built as part of a chain of seven barracks to quell the Chartists. The site is also part of a Civil War battlefield.
On the 20th June 2009 a Military Day was held and the photographs below were taken to show the buildings.
See our QLR page which also contains links to related museums in Preston. Click Here